Outlined below is Gerbsman Partners’ proven action plan for maximizing enterprise value of Intellectual Property and the associated Intellectual Capital:
- Package Business/IP Summary – 3 to 10 pages sent to potential buyers.
- Review existing Business Plan and other related documents.
- Identify Intellectual Property to be sold.
- Identify key Intellectual Capital personnel and have them take first cut.
- Finalize document.
- Create due diligence “War Room”.
- Review current documentation.
- Identify the components, freeze source code and other assets.
- Based on time and resources, plan packaging of the IP.
- Manage preparations for the due diligence.
- Go-to-Market process is four to six weeks.